Saint Joseph’s (7-6, 1-1 A-10) at Rhode Island (9-4, 0-1 A-10)
Wednesday, January 12 | 7:00 p.m. | Ryan Center
ESPN+ | Listen Live | Live Stats
Saint Joseph’s: Roster | Schedule | Stats
Rhode Island: Roster | Schedule | Stats
• Saint Joseph’s returns to the road as the Hawks travel to Rhode Island on Wednesday for the first of two meetings this season with the Rams.
• The Hawks and Rhode Island cap the regular season with an afternoon matchup at Hagan Arena on March 5.
• The last time out, the Hawks fell to Davidson, as the Wildcats pulled away for an 88-73 decision last Wednesday.
• Dahmir Bishop is coming off a 17-point performance versus Davidson.
• Bishop finished three points shy of his career-high (20 points) as he went 6-of-12 from the field, including 3-of-6 from distance, to go with six rebounds.
• Jack Forrest went 5-of-7 from the floor, and 3-of-4 from three-point range, for a season-high 13 points against Davidson.
• Jordan Hall added 16 points, six assists and four rebounds last Wednesday.
• Hall currently ranks third in the A-10, and ninth nationally, in assists per game (6.5).
• Saint Joseph’s 32 bench points against the Wildcats were a season-high.
• St. Joe’s was scheduled to play at George Mason this past Saturday, but the game was postponed due to health and safety protocols affecting the Patriots.
Series vs. Rhode Island: Saint Joseph’s leads 56-34
First Meeting: 12/1/51, Saint Joseph’s, 66-61
Last Meeting: 1/3/21, Rhode Island, 85-77 OT
Coach Lange All-Time vs. Rhode Island: 0-3
SAINT JOSEPH’S VERSUS RHODE ISLAND
• Wednesday marks the 91st meeting between Saint Joseph’s and Rhode Island, with the Hawks holding a 56-34 edge in the all-time series.
• Last year, the Hawks and Rams met in an overtime thriller in which Rhode Island prevailed, 85-77.
• Taylor Funk finished with 29 points and Cameron Brown had a season-high 21 points at Rhode Island a season ago.
• The Hawks enter Wednesday with a 23-20 record versus the Rams in Rhode Island.
• Saint Joseph’s 56 victories over Rhode Island rank third-most against any opponent, trailing only La Salle (72) and Temple (70) .
HAWKS ADD GREER III
Saint Joseph’s head coach Billy Lange announced on Monday that Lynn Greer III has enrolled on Hawk Hill for the spring 2022 semester. A four-year starter at Roman Catholic High School, Greer III returns to Philadelphia after transferring to Saint Joseph’s from Dayton. While with the Flyers, the 6-foot-3 guard averaged 2.7 points, 1.4 rebounds and 9.0 minutes per game over 10 contests. A three-time First Team All-Catholic honoree, Greer III led the Cahillites to two Catholic League titles and a PIAA Class 4A championship. Averaging 5.0 assists per game for his career, he finished eighth all-time in scoring at Roman with 1,392 career points. The son of Temple’s second all-time leading scorer and Big 5 Hall of Famer Lynn Greer, Jr., and grandson of Virginia State Hall of Famer Lynn Greer, Sr., Greer III spent a post-graduate year at nationally-ranked IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, before attending Dayton.
The Hawks return home to host La Salle on Monday, January 17 as part of a Martin Luther King Day doubleheader with the St. Joe’s women’s basketball team. The Hawks’ women’s team take on the Explorers at noon, while the Saint Joseph’s men’s squad and La Salle tip at 4 p.m., with both games nationally televised on CBS Sports Network.
Follow the Saint Joseph’s men’s basketball team on Instagram and Twitter and like the Hawks on Facebook.